Jan de Hoop has received good news about his health. The seventy-year-old presenter’s heart was not damaged during the infarction he had last month.
“I went to the doctor. A cardiogram and an echo show that my heart was not damaged during the infarction,” De Hoop said Wednesday in an interview with RTL Boulevard.
He is quite relieved by the news. “I was quite nervous, because such an infarction can cause part of the heart to die. Then you can’t do a lot anymore.”
De Hoop was admitted to the hospital at the end of June. He felt “strong pain” in his chest and jaw that morning. Two days after his heart attack, De Hoop was allowed to leave the hospital.
At the beginning of July, the presenter said that he was “slowly recovering.” He also returned to the radio, where he can be heard as a presenter at Radio Gelderland. De Hoop is best known as the presenter of RTL Ontbijtnieuws. He stopped there in 2022 after 33 years.